tattoos

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I feel like a hack....

While reading Coco + Kelly I saw my most favorite light fixture in the whole world!




And then I read the post:

And this dramatic capiz shell chandelier at West Elm. (Just when I thought I was so over this style too...)






So over this style too?!?! WHAT?!! Why why why does this happen to me. I was all stoked about how when I eventually got a house in like 5 years I was going to put this light fixture in EVERY ROOM of my house and now I come to find out they are like SO OVER! I feel horrible. HORRIBLE! My whole world has fallen apart. My dream of Tommy Smythe from Sarah's house coming over and admiring my design skills is OVER! He would see the capiz shell chandelier and be like "OMG! Those belong on a beach not on a ceiling." Just like how he hates boob lights. "Boobs belong on babes not ceilings."

Sad Day.

Just like that whole Keep Calm Carry On Poster



I thought I was all hip and was going to be the only one with this poster and all of my friends would be super impressed, only to have this show up at TARGET! TARGET! Target lets me know that a trend is so main stream that you are nothing but a poser for having it. And it is cheapified and horrible. It is just a dirty dirty whore now. Just like with Hello Kitty. So unique and fun and only at Sanrio and the Asian Stores and then it shows up at Target and the quality is gone. The magic! The cuteness! ALL GONE! I had to get rid of all my hello kitty stuff because it sickened me to look at her anymore. That CHEAP WHORE! And now the poster is over. Old news.

Yet, I still want them. I want them in my home. I am a HACK!

I will be like one of those low quality design shows on HGTV where you can just tell everything is just cheap and there really is no beauty or originality to it. I feel dirty just looking at those homes. Just like model homes. No personality. My home is going to end up like that. No personality. Just a design on a dime that ends up looking horrible with cheesy gold bean bags and a zebra rug. And I HATE GOLD AND ANIMAL PRINTS!

I am off to cry now. And drink away my sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger