tattoos

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Cameron Village Shopping

When I first learned I was going to be moving to Raleigh, NC I was not a happy camper. I hate humidity, bugs and the heat. And what is North Carolina but all three of those. Not to mention the fact that the city itself isn't exactly a sprawling metropolis. I thought the only assets this state would offer is that of the two top universities - Duke and UNC. And for the first month I thought I was right. The street lights are still hanging from wires and the drivers here suck. I have never met worse drivers in my life. New York and New Jersey weren't even close to this bad. Also the restaurants here all close between lunch and dinner. Which is ridiculous. I was in despair thinking for the next 2 years I would be stuck here and there would be no redeeming quality other than the beautiful outdoors. Until today.... 







OMG! I have never seen so many unique shops in my life. Usually outdoor shopping centers are just the same stores that are found in the mall. Gap, Banana Republic, Bebe, etc. This place only had like one or two main stream clothing stores. The rest were all unique and wonderful. Except for a few old lady clothing stores the rest of the shops ROCKED.

Especially Beanie + Cecil. I have noticed a trend that I tend to love shops that are two names. Martin and Osa, Elizabeth and James. Beanie + Cecil had some fantastic clothing styles and even this really pretty Catherine Malandrino burgundy dress that is amazing!




I am currently obsessed with ruffles right now and this just dress left me helpless with love! Of course I have no place to wear it to and I have this dress that I bought from express that I have yet to wear anywhere.




I am trying to cut out my buying of clothing that I have no place to wear them to. Although Jane of Sea of Shoes rocks out with outfits and shoes to go out to breakfast and looks fabulous. Yet I don't have the style chops she does to pull off a lot of those outfits. It comes off that I am trying too hard. :(

Maybe one day I can pull myself together to rock out style like my friend Natalia. One day....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger